Upcoming Spring Craft Shows

Friday, July 30, 2010

Summer Tales Weeks 3 & 4

I am a little behind on my blogging, but I was away last week blowing all my hard earned money in Las Vegas.  On the up side though, I didn't have to complain about the weather it was HOT, HOT, HOT, but oh so wonderful after the rainy, cool summer we had at home.  Well at least the weather has been better since we have come home.

I took one of my sock monkeys with me to Vegas.  Travellin Pete I called him - he is just a little guy you can carry in your purse.  Unfortunately Pete was not very lucky at the slot machines.


This week I have still been on vacation mode and just can't wrap my head around sewing monkeys and critters again, but by Wednesday I was well into the swing of things again. 
T-Rex's waiting teeth

I also had a Sock Monkey Block Party on Wednesday morning at 10:00 am.  9 eager participants attended including 1 mom and 2 boys who turned out to be pretty  good sewers.  We had a great time, sewing and stuffing the sock monkeys and when they were finished, all the kids attached their monkeys to the front of their bicycles and rode off to the playground. 


Thanks to the hostess for putting on the party and providing us with a lovely lunch.  I hope everyone had a great time.
Thats all for this week - I won't be at the St. Albert Farmers Market this week, but you can always contact me by email if you need something special.