Upcoming Spring Craft Shows

Friday, July 16, 2010

Summer Tales - Week 2 (summer??? really???)

Well it is suppose to be the second week of summer, but while the rest of the country and US are in a heat wave, us in Alberta have cooler temperatures than normal, too much RAIN, and dare I say it ... even had SNOW in the mountains.  I do not think we have had more than 2 days in a row of sunshine this year which is very sad and why I will be seeking sunshine and heat elsewhere in a few days.  

The rainy view from my front window.

On the brightside, rainy days do spur creativity and gave me lots of time to catch up on my sewing for this Saturday's St. Albert Farmers Market.  My daughter and lovely market assistant Megan also got the creative bug and decide to take up her doodle drawing again.  So we purchased a Bamboo drawing tablet  and she has created some very cute drawings she is going to transform into charms.  I in the meantime have transformed her drawings into sock creatures.

This Norman the Narwal, the Unicorn of the Sea

I also added a T-Rex to my line of Sockasauras'.
RAWR!!

Thats about it for this week.  I hear Saturday is supposed to be a beautiful day and guess what??? NO RAIN.  I will be out selling at the St. Albert Farmers Market from 10 am - 3 pm.  So come out and check out all the great vendors.