Upcoming Spring Craft Shows

Saturday, January 15, 2011

First Blog of the Year

Yes it is my first blog of the year so HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  Sorry it has taken me this long.
Have been busy this month shovelling a ton of snow.  And yes the snow is FREE for the taking.


I also have been hosting a couple of sock monkey birthday parties.  They are proving to be quite popular and is a fun birthday party activity plus they get a sock monkey they have made to take home.  If you are in Edmonton or surrounding areas, please contact me at trenwen@shaw.ca for more information.

I also have joined in Project 365 - this is a photography challenge to take a photo a day for an entire year.  I bought a new camera at Christmas and started this project on January 1st.  I thought it would be a good opportunity to renew my love for photography and to learn all about my new camera.  You can check out my photos on my flickr site:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/trendywendycrafts/sets/72157625606854723/

Finally, I have decided to try to update my blog monthly as opposed to daily or weekly.  This way maybe I will actually do it. 

This month the Funky Monkey has a tip of the month:  Did you know???  You can dress your sock monkey up in all kinds of accessories that can be found right at your local Dollar Store.  You can find teddy bear sweaters and t-shirts, hats and baby sunglasses.  Look around you will be amazed at what you can find.  The Funky Monkey did and is already for both Valentines and St. Patricks Day.

Finally, please join my Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Funky-Monkey/219600230627?created and tell all your friends - if I get to 100 fans I will make a draw for a Sockit.